The Antidiscrimination Foundation (#TADF) is for anyone who wants to take active steps towards incorporating an Antidiscrimination / Anti-Oppression ethos in practice. Our immediate aim is to support the counselling and psychotherapy profession to improve standards of Diversity competence through services, consultancy, training and insource/outsource options including specialised race, culture and anti-oppressive practice training and services. We positively and proactively support individuals, training providers and institutions who wish to work towards change.
We have an active community of training providers and trainers who are now using our services and community resources to integrate our standards based competencies and resources into their core training and institutional practice.
The following training & services are now available to institutes and individuals :
- Introduction to Race, culture & antidiscrimination (6.5 hour trainings)
- Our flagship core competence training for Race, culture and antidiscrimination (25 hours)
- Race and culture group work (8-25 hours)
- Anti-oppressive practice core competence (21 hour)
- Antidiscrimination practice for organisational leaders, EDI members, process owners and staff
- Various antidiscrimination and diversity led trainings, workshops and lectures
- Core competence assessment. Our tried and tested 55-point race and culture aware feedback/assessment.
- Institutional level trainer the trainer certification
- A therapist directory to help clients find therapists who are race and culture aware
- Advocacy centered assessment (portfolio based assessment)
- Resources for training providers including research and best practice (contact for access)
- Further training courses in production (announced Jan 22)
The following services are available to clients:
- A therapist directory to help clients find therapists who are race and culture aware.
- Signposting to mental health providers particularly for Diverse clients needs
- Education resources including blogs, books and trusted content and organisations
- Ask a therapist service as well as signposting to other sources of help.
If you are interested in these trainings or services or just want to chat about what were doing feel free to get in contact/call us so we can discuss your needs and walk you through our services, plans and ethos. A summary of services are shown below.